To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next Meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on Thursday 27th February 2020 at Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth.
Public Question Time: From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
1.Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence 7.45pm
2. Changes to membership
3. Declarations of Interest
a. Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
b.To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
c. To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
d.Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items.
Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
a. To consider adoption of minutes of Parish Council meetings held on 23 January 2020
b. Review of minute action summary
5. Progress reports for information 8.00pm
a. District and County Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
b. Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Balances and s137 expenditure
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 31 January 2020
c. GDPR (Clerk/Cllr. Kelly)
d. Social Media Communications (Cllr Pollard) – also see agenda item 11
e. West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Cllr. Kelly)
f. St.James the Great Church, Norton(Rev.Badger)
6. Planning (Cllr. Richmond/Chairman) 8.20pm
a. To consider report on current applications.
b. To consider other planning matters including SWDP Review
7. New Homes Bonus (NHB)/Community Legacy Grant (CLG) (Cllr Waizeneker/Cllr Dawson)
To consider update on projects proposed for NHB/CLG funding.
8.Worcester Parkway Station/Active Travel Corridor (Cllr Fincher) 8.35pm
To consider feedback, report following meeting with the Worcestershire County Council Cabinet Member for Economy and Infrastructure, and actions.
9. Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Clerk/Cllr Arrow/Cllr Pollard) 8.50pm
To consider updates/feedback/actions including highway flooding matters and the Making our Roads Safer Initiative (#MORSE).
10. Neighbourhood Plan (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group) 9.00pm
To consider update from working group.
11. Parish Council Website/Use of Social Media/Community Engagement (Cllr Pollard)
To consider update and actions.
12. Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Cllr Dawson/Clerk) 9.15pm
To consider update and enquiry for use of field for baseball.
13. Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas/Cllr Dawson) 9.30pm
To consider updates including tree survey work.
14. Norton Pre-school (Clerk) 9.35pm
To consider update including agreement/execution of lease and request for re-location of Forest School.
15. Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 9.45pm
To consider any updates, reports and actions.
16. Allotments (Cllr. Kelly) 9.55pm
To consider update/actions.
17. Public Rights of Way (Cllr. Turvey – Parish Paths Warden/Cllr Dawson) 10.00pm
To consider update/actions.
18. Parish Hall (Cllr. Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees)
To consider Parish Council representative report.
19. Worcestershire Pollinator Strategy Consultation (Chairman/Clerk) 10.15pm
To consider a consultation response (deadline 5pm 31 March 2020).
20. Finance (Chairman) 10.20pm
a. To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
b. To consider a donation to NJK CE First School to assist with swimming transport costs.
c. To consider a donation to Norton Theatre Group in support of the annual pantomime.
21. Correspondence for Information (Chairman/Clerk) 10.25pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
22. Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
23. Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
24. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
25. Date of next Parish Council meeting 26th March
Signed Jane Greenway
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council 13th February 2020