To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on 16th July 2020.
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic and Government instructions, this meeting will be held remotely via video/telephone conference call.
Public Question Time: From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
If you would like to take part in the public question time session, or observe the Parish Council meeting, please contact the Parish Clerk (email: NJKparishclerk@aol.com) for details of how to achieve this.
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence
- Changes to membership
- Declarations of Interest
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
- To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items.
Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Minutes (Chairman) 7.55pm
a. To consider adoption of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 25 June 2020.
b. Review of minute action summary.
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.10pm
- District and County Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 30 June 2020
- 2019/20 financial year end and annual audit process
- GDPR (Clerk/Cllr. Kelly)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Cllr. Kelly)
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Reserves Policy (Chairman/Clerk) 8.25pm
To consider Reserves Policy following approval of 31 March 2020 year end accounts.
- Covid-19 Community Response (Chairman) 8.30pm
To consider community response/support.
- Parish Hall (Cllr. Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 8.40pm
To consider Parish Council representative report.
- Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Clerk) 8.50pm
To consider update, including Covid-19 restrictions of use, approval of play area re-opening risk assessment, re-opening the play area, the outcome of annual safety inspection and football goal backstop.
- Planning (Cllr. Richmond/Chairman) 9.05pm
To consider report on current applications and other planning matters, including SWUE developments, SWDP Review and Parkway new development.
- Worcester Parkway Station/Active Travel Corridor (Cllr Fincher) 9.20pm
To consider update and actions.
- Neighbourhood Plan (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group) 9.25pm
To consider update from working group.
- New Homes Bonus (NHB)/Community Legacy Grant (CLG) (Cllr Waizeneker/Cllr Dawson/ Cllr Fincher) 9.35pm
- To consider VAT advice received.
- To consider update and recommendations following the Parish Hall Plan working group meeting held on 8 July.
- To consider Norton Connector proposals update and launch plan.
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Clerk/Cllr Arrow/Cllr Pollard) 9.50pm
To consider update/actions including maintenance of the Rolica Fields balancing pond area.
- Norton Pre-school (Chairman) 9.55pm
To consider update regarding Forest School provision and fencing/land preparation quotes.
- Allotments (Cllr. Kelly) 10.05pm
To consider update, including Apiary proposal.
- Public Rights of Way (Cllr. Turvey – Parish Paths Warden/Cllr Dawson) 10.10pm
To consider update/actions including 2020/21 P3 Scheme contractor Covid-19 checklist.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas/Clerk) 10.15pm
To consider updates including field tenancy agreements.
- Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.20pm
To consider any reports.
- Parish Council Newsletter (Clerk) 10.25pm
To consider timing and the process for the autumn edition.
- Finance (Chairman) 10.30pm
- To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
- To consider proposed online banking payments process.
- Correspondence for Information (Chairman/Clerk) 10.40pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
- Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
- Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
- Format of September Parish Council meeting
To consider format of meeting guidance.
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
- Date of next Parish Council meeting
24 September 2020Signed
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
9th July 2020
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – July 2020
|Description of Proposal|
|Approvals:||Flat 3, Charlemont, Crookbarrow Rd. W/20/00824/HP||Removal of partition (stud) wall; block up an existing doorway and create new doorway. Parish Council supports.|
|8 Peninsula Road, Norton W/20/00824/HP||Two storey side extension. Parish Council supports subject to neighbour’s views being fully considered.|
|Land adj. to Lobelia Close, Cranesbill Drive, Broomhall Green & A4440
Worcester City Ref: P13A061
St. Modwen Developments
|Erection of pedestrian/cycle bridge over A4440 Broomhall Way to facilitate access to a mixed use development comprising of up to 255 dwellings and employment (B1) (b and c), B2 and/or B8, on land between Taylors Lane and the A4440 Broomhall Way.|
|Awaiting Decision:||Land to the south of the City of
Worcester, Bath Road.
|Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.|
|Land North of Taylors Lane and
South of Broomhall Way (A4440)
|Application for the approval of Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) pursuant to planning permission ref. 13/01617/OUT for Phase H1 of the proposed residential development comprising 36 dwellings, public open space (including LEAP), allotments, landscaping and associated infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.
Amended plans and layout, amended house types – as well as additional technical information and supporting documents. Parish Council objection response submitted.
|Land at (OS 8615 5190), Taylors
|Reserved Matters application (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale) of Outline permission ref 13/01617/OUT for Phase E1 of the proposed employment development comprising two employment units (Use Class B1 (b and c), B2 and/or B8), parking and landscaping and associated infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.|
|Land at Woodbury Lane, Norton W/20/01138/FUL||Erection of building comprising 4,361m2 of Class B1 office accommodation together with ancillary vehicle parking, landscaping and drainage. Parish Council objection response submitted.|
|Internal Consultation:||Swallow Ridge, Hatfield Lane
|Addition of dormer canopies to first floor windows to the NW and SE elevations, increase in size of windows to the NW elevation|
|Land at Woodbury Lane, Norton W/20/01138/FUL
|Landscape and Visual Assessment Addendum (adding photomontages of proposed development)|
|Planning Appeals:||Merryfield House, Woodbury Park, Norton. Planning Appeal Ref: APP/H1840/W/19/3243384 (re W/19/01546/FUL)||Proposed construction of detached single storey dwelling, access and garaging.
Appeal allowed and planning permission granted.