To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on Thursday 20th January 2022 at Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth.
Public Question Time: From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
This face to face Parish Council meeting will be held subject to Covid-safe measures. If you wish to attend in person, please contact Jane Greenway, Parish Clerk, email: email@example.com, Tel: 01905 763515 / 07955 756528 for details of how to attend in line with Covid-safe measures.
As an alternative to attendance in person, please email any comments or questions for the Parish Council to the Parish Clerk in advance of the meeting.
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence 7.45pm
- Changes to membership
To consider any changes to membership.
- Declarations of Interest
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
- To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items. Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Covid-19 Risk Assessment and Scheme of Delegation (Chairman/Clerk) 7.50pm
To review and consider risk assessment and extension of Covid-19 Scheme of Delegation
- Minutes (Chairman) 7.55pm
a. To consider adoption of minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 25 November 2021
b. Review of minute action summary
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.10pm
- District Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- County Councillor Report (Cllr. Mrs Robinson)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 31 December 2021
- GDPR (Clerk)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Cllr Job)
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Apiary Project (Mr Perks) 8.35pm
To consider update and actions
- Wychavon Electoral Ward Proposals (Chairman) 8.40pm
To consider proposals, communication to Parishioners and consultation response.
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Cllr Arrow) 8.45pm
To consider update/actions including way-finder lighting along Brockhill Lane.
- Public Rights of Way (PRoW) (Cllr Fincher) 8.50pm
To consider update including Littleworth to Stonehall Common bridleway proposals.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas) 8.55pm
To consider update.
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee (Cllr Fincher) 9.00pm
To consider activities to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- 13. 2022/23 Budget and Precept (Responsible Finance Officer/Cllr Fincher) 9.05pm
- To consider the draft budget, quotes received and agree precept request for 2022/23
- To consider Reserves Policy
14. Appointment of Internal Auditor (Clerk) 9.20pm
To consider Internal Auditor appointment for year ending 31st March 2022.
15. Annual Insurance Renewal (Clerk) 9.25pm
To consider adequacy of cover, policy renewal, Sentry statue and War Memorial insurance.
16. Adoption of Public Open Spaces at Norton (Cllr Fincher) 9.35pm
To consider update on adoption and agree transfer document for execution.
17. Sentry Statue Installation and Landscaping Proposals (Cllr Fincher) 9.45pm
To consider update/quotes/actions.
18. Planning (Cllr Richmond/Cllr Fincher/Cllr Waizeneker) 9.50pm
To consider report on current applications and other planning matters including SWDP/SWUE, SWDP Review/’Parkway’ Development and Joint PC SWDP Review Group.
19. Parish Briefing 10 March 2022 (Cllr Fincher) 10.00pm
To consider arrangements and content of briefing
20. Norton Parish Hall Community Legacy Grant Project (Working Group) 10.05pm
To consider update/recommendations including shop proposals and award of contracts.
21.Norton Connector Community Legacy Grant Project (Cllr Waizeneker) 10.15pm
To consider update/actions including the nature of future service provision.
22. Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Cllr Fincher) 10.25pm
To consider update/actions including replacement swing seats and baseball team proposals.
23. Parish Hall (Cllr Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 10.30pm
To consider Parish Council representative report.
24. Worcester Norton Sports Club/Worcester Norton Community Interest Company 10.35pm
To consider update from Parish Council WNCIC representative (Cllr Fincher).
25. Neighbourhood Plan (Cllr Lucas) 10.40pm
To consider revised ‘Parish Aspirations’ document following review.
26. Allotments (Cllr Richmond/Assistant Clerk) 10.45pm
To consider update.
27. Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.50pm
To consider report including appraisal arrangements and payroll processing costs.
28. Freedom of Information Guidance/Publication Scheme (Cllr Lucas) 10.55pm
To receive an update following review of the Council’s Freedom of Information Publication Scheme and supporting Freedom of Information Act guidance
29. Parish Council Newsletter (Clerk) 11.00pm
Items for the spring edition of the newsletter are required by 10 February
30. Finance (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer) 11.05pm
a. To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
b. To consider renewal of Society of Local Council Clerks membership cost £186
31. Correspondence for Information (Chairman) 11.10pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
32. Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
33. Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
34. Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
35. Date of next Parish Council meeting
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
13 January 2022
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – January 2022
|Description of Proposal|
|Approvals:||Closes Farm, Hatfield Bank, Norton
|Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for the
existing use of dwellinghouse without complying with and in
breach of agricultural occupancy condition(s) no.1 imposed upon planning permissions refs. r.357/71/o dated 23.08.1971 and pr.510/71(ri) dated 25.10.1972 continuously for a period in excess of ten years. Council objection response submitted.
|8 Toulouse Drive, Norton
|Ground floor rear conservatory. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.|
|Swallow Ridge, Hatfield Lane, Norton
|Erection of two storey rear extension. Parish Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being fully considered|
|3 Coronation Road, Littleworth
|Construction of new single-storey domestic garage between
the existing house and the western boundary fence. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.
|Awaiting Decision:||Land to the south of the City of
Worcester, Bath Road.
|Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.|
|Ketch Field, Broomhall Way. Worcester City Council 20/00775/FUL||Development of 91 new dwellings and improvement of existing access, including green infrastructure and associated works. Parish Council supports subject to traffic concerns.|
|Keepers Gable, 22 Vimiera Close, Norton
W/21/00421/HP and W/21/00422/LB
|Demolish wall and rebuild replacement wall. Parish Council supports|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout, scale) pursuant to planning permission 13/01617/OUT for Phase H2a of the proposed development comprising 89 dwellings, parking, landscaping and associated infrastructure|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Amended layout, landscaping proposals, parking, boundary details.|
|37 Vimiera Close, Norton
|Proposed single storey infill extension to rear of property to
align with existing garden room extension together with increased size and layout of existing dormer roof to rear elevation to allow for better internal clearance to existing roof space. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.
|Internal Consultation:||Old Brickworks, Church Lane, Norton
Cazoo Properties Ltd
|MOT facility containing two class 4,7 testing bays|