To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on 24th September 2020.
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic and Government instructions, this meeting will be held remotely via video/telephone conference call.
Public Question Time: From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
If you would like to take part in the public question time session, or observe the Parish Council meeting, the meeting details are as follows:
Meeting ID: 864 1366 8908
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence
- Changes to membership
- Declarations of Interest
a) Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
b) To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
c) To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
d)Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
e) Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items.
Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Minutes (Chairman) 7.55pm
a. To consider adoption of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 16 July 2020.
b. Review of minute action summary.
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.10pm
- District and County Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 31 August 2020
- 2019/20 financial year end and annual audit process
- GDPR (Clerk/Cllr. Kelly)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Cllr. Kelly)
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Covid-19 Scheme of Delegation (Chairman/Clerk) 8.25pm
To review scheme of delegation agreed 9 April 2020
- Website Accessibility Statement (Cllr Pollard/Clerk) 8.30pm
To consider revised Website Accessibility Statement.
- Covid-19 Community Response (Chairman) 8.35pm
To consider community response/support.
- Parish Hall (Cllr. Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 8.40pm
To consider Parish Council representative report.
- Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Clerk) 8.50pm
To consider update, including Covid-19 restrictions of use, outdoor event risk assessment, review of Covid-19 play area risk assessment, baseball storage solution, report of trap found, quotes for tree maintenance and gate post maintenance and football goal backstop.
- Planning (Cllr. Richmond/Chairman) 9.05pmTo consider report on current applications and other planning matters, including SWUE developments, SWDP Review, Parkway new development and Government consultations.
- Worcester Parkway Station/Active Travel Corridor (Cllr Fincher) 9.20pm
To consider update, including traffic calming, and actions.
- Neighbourhood Plan (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group) 9.30pm
To consider update from working group, including Plan consultation document printing costs, and to receive the finalised Neighbourhood Plan documents prior to the Parish consultation.
- Norton Parish Hall Community Legacy Grant Project (Cllr Dawson/Parish Hall Plan working group(PHPWG)) 9.35pm
To consider update, including asbestos report, and recommendations from the PHPWG.
- Norton Connector Community Legacy Grant Project (Cllr Waizeneker/Cllr Pollard) 9.50pm
To consider update following service launch.
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Clerk/Cllr Arrow/Cllr Pollard) 10.00pm
To consider update/actions including B4084 speeding report, Brockhill Lane ‘traffic’ management, adoptions/open space management/hedge/tree maintenance matters .
- Norton Pre-school (Chairman/Clerk) 10.10pm
To consider update regarding Forest School provision and licence agreement.
- Allotments (Cllr. Kelly) 10.15pm
To consider update, including Apiary proposal.
- Public Rights of Way (PRoW) (Cllr. Turvey – Parish Paths Warden/Cllr Dawson) 10.20pm
To consider update/actions including PRoW maintenance reports to WCC, P3 Scheme maintenance work and Parish Paths Warden role.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas/Clerk) 10.25pm
To consider updates including field tenancy agreements and enquiry received regarding land opposite the Parish Hall.
- Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.30pm
To consider adoption of new National Joint Council for Local Government Services pay scales (wef 1 April 2020) and outcome of Clerk annual appraisal.
- Parish Council Newsletter (Clerk) 10.35pm
To receive update on autumn newsletter and agree proposals for future newsletter production.
- Wychavon Chairman’s Diamond Jubilee Community Recognition Award 2020 (Clerk)
To consider nominations (for submission by 24 December).
- Finance (Chairman) 10.40pm
- To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
- To consider renewal of Open Spaces Society annual membership at a cost of £45.
- Correspondence for Information (Chairman/Clerk) 10.45pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
- Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
- Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
- Format of September Parish Council meeting
To consider format of meeting guidance.
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
- Date of next Parish Council meeting
22 October 2020Signed
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
18th September 2020
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – September 2020
|Description of Proposal|
|Approvals:||Amberley, 32 Salamanca Drive, Norton W/20/01430/HP||Single storey rear extension.|
|Swallow Ridge, Hatfield Lane
|Addition of dormer canopies to first floor windows to the NW and SE elevations, increase in size of windows to the NW elevation.|
|Awaiting Decision:||Land to the south of the City of
Worcester, Bath Road.
|Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.|
|Land North of Taylors Lane and
South of Broomhall Way (A4440)
|Application for the approval of Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) pursuant to planning permission ref. 13/01617/OUT for Phase H1 of the proposed residential development comprising 36 dwellings, public open space (including LEAP), allotments, landscaping and associated infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.
Amended plans and layout, amended house types – as well as additional technical information and supporting documents. Parish Council objection response submitted.
Amendment: revisions to parking at plots 30-37 and other associated changes
|Land at (OS 8615 5190), Taylors
|Reserved Matters application (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale) of Outline permission ref 13/01617/OUT for Phase E1 of the proposed employment development comprising two employment units (Use Class B1 (b and c), B2 and/or B8), parking and landscaping and associated infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.|
|Land at Woodbury Lane, Norton W/20/01138/FUL||Erection of building comprising 4,361m2 of Class B1 office accommodation together with ancillary vehicle parking, landscaping and drainage. Parish Council objection response submitted.
Additional information: Landscape and Visual Assessment Addendum (adding photomontages of proposed development). Parish Council objection response submitted.
|Land at (OS 9017 5117), Mucknell Farm Lane, Stoulton
|Change of use of agricultural land for the construction of a stable block and yard area including change of use of land for equine use. Parish Council objection response submitted.|
|Woodbury Holdings, Woodbury Lane, Norton
|Proposed agricultural building. Parish Council supports with qualification.|
|Internal Consultation:||Cooksholme Farm, 3 Wadborough Road, Littleworth||Conversion of 3 agricultural buildings to residential dwellings, change of use of agricultural land to residential use, partial demolition of agricultural buildings as approved under planning permission 17/00972/FUL – variation of condition 2.|