To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on 25th June 2020.
In view of the Covid-19 pandemic and Government instructions, this meeting will be held remotely via video/telephone conference call.
Public Question Time: From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
If you would like to take part in the public question time session, or observe the Parish Council meeting, please contact the Parish Clerk (email: NJKparishclerk@aol.com) for details of how to achieve this.
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence
- Changes to membership
- Declarations of Interest
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
- To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items.
Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Minutes (Chairman) 8.00pm
a. To consider adoption of minutes of Annual Parish Council Meeting held on 21 May 2020.
b. Review of minute action summary.
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.10pm
- District and County Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 31 May 2020
- Internal quarterly financial check
- Online banking
- GDPR (Clerk/Cllr. Kelly)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Cllr. Kelly)
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Independent Internal Audit Report (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer) 8.30pm
To receive and consider the Internal Audit Report 2019/20
- Annual Governance Statement (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer) 8.35pm
To consider, approve and sign off the Annual Governance Statement 2019/20 (Section 1 of the Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR))
- Accounting Statements 2019/20 and Accounts for Year Ended 31st March 2020 8.45pm (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer)
To consider, approve and sign off the Accounting Statements 2019/20 (Section 2 of the AGAR) and the accounts for the year ended 31st March 2020.
- Exercise of Public Rights (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer) 8.55pm
To ensure the date has been set for the commencement of the period of the exercise of public rights in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Completion of the Remainder of the AGAR and Submission to External Auditor 9.00pm
(Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer)
To ensure completion of the remainder of the AGAR as required and submission with supporting documentation by Friday 31st July.
- Covid-19 Community Response (Chairman) 9.10pm
To consider community response/support, including SCS community fridge.
- Parish Hall (Cllr. Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 9.20pm
To consider Parish Council representative report.
- Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Clerk) 9.25pm
To consider update, including Covid-19 restrictions of use, risk assessments and baseball team update.
- Planning (Cllr. Richmond/Chairman) 9.35pm
To consider report on current applications and other planning matters, including SWUE developments, SWDP Country Park Call for Sites and SWDP Review.
- Worcester Parkway Station/Active Travel Corridor (Cllr Fincher) 9.45pm
To consider update and actions.
- Neighbourhood Plan (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group) 9.50pm
To consider update from working group.
- New Homes Bonus (NHB)/Community Legacy Grant (CLG) (Cllr Waizeneker/Cllr Dawson/ Cllr Fincher) 9.55pm
- To consider update including CLG project summary document, VAT matters and progression of projects.
- To agree formation of a CLG Hall development working group, first meeting date and working group terms of reference/governing document.
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Clerk/Cllr Arrow/Cllr Pollard) 10.10pm
To consider update and actions.
- Norton Pre-school (Chairman) 10.15pm
To consider update regarding Forest School provision and fencing/land preparation quotes.
- Allotments (Cllr. Kelly) 10.20pm
To consider update, including Apiary proposal.
- Public Rights of Way (Cllr. Turvey – Parish Paths Warden/Cllr Dawson) 10.25pm
To consider update/actions including 2020/21 P3 Scheme contractor Covid-19 checklist.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas/Clerk) 10.30pm
To consider updates including field tenancy agreements.
- Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.35pm
To consider any reports.
- Annual Parish Meeting (Chairman/Clerk) 10.40pm
To consider online publication of draft minutes.
- Finance (Chairman) 10.45pm
To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
- Correspondence for Information (Chairman/Clerk) 10.50pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
- Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
- Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
- Date of next Parish Council meeting
16 July 2020
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
18th June 2020
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – June 2020
Approvals – None
Refusals – None
Land to the south of the City of Worcester, Bath Road.Malvern Hills DC Ref: W/13/00656/OUT Welbeck Land
Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.
Land adj. to Lobelia Close, Cranesbill Drive, Broomhall Green & A4440Worcester City Ref: P13A061 St. Modwen Developments
Erection of pedestrian/cycle bridge over A4440 Broomhall Way to facilitate access to a mixed use development comprising of up to 255 dwellings and employment (B1) (b and c), B2 and/or B8, on land between Taylors Lane and the A4440 Broomhall Way.
Land North of Taylors Lane and South of Broomhall Way (A4440) MHDC/19/01803/RM
Application for the approval of Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout and scale) pursuant to planning permission ref. 13/01617/OUT for Phase H1 of the proposed residential development comprising 36 dwellings, public open space (including LEAP), allotments, landscaping and associated infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.
Amended plans and layout, amended house types – as well as additional technical information and supporting documents. Parish Council objection response submitted.
Land at (OS 8615 5190), Taylors Lane, Broomhall MHDC/19/01851/RM
Reserved Matters application (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale) of Outline permission ref 13/01617/OUT for Phase E1 of the proposed employment development comprising two employment units (Use Class B1 (b and c), B2 and/or B8), parking and landscaping and associated
infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.
8 Peninsula Road, Norton W/20/00824/HP Two storey side extension. Parish Council supports subject to neighbour’s views being fully considered.
Flat 3, Charlemont, Crookbarrow Rd, W/20/00824/HP Removal of partition (stud) wall; block up an existing doorway and create new doorway. Parish Council supports.
Land at Woodbury Lane, Norton W/20/01138/FUL Erection of building comprising 4,361m2 of Class B1 office accommodation together with ancillary vehicle parking, landscaping and drainage.
Grange Farm, Hatfield Lane W/20/00388/FUL Proposed dwelling for agricultural worker. Parish Council objection response submitted. APPLICATION WITHDRAWN.
Planning Appeal Ref: APP/H1840/W/19/3243384 (re W/19/01546/FUL)
Merryfield House, Woodbury Park, Norton Proposed construction of detached single storey dwelling, access and garaging