To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on Thursday 25th November 2021 at Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth.
Public Question Time:
From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
This face to face Parish Council meeting will be held subject to Covid-safe measures. If you wish to attend in person, please contact Jane Greenway, Parish Clerk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01905 763515 / 07955 756528 for details of how to attend in line with Covid-safe measures.
As an alternative to attendance in person, please email any comments or questions for the Parish Council to the Parish Clerk in advance of the meeting.
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence 7.45pm
- Changes to membership
To consider any changes to membership.
- Declarations of Interest
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
- To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items. Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Covid-19 Face to Face Parish Council Meetings Risk Assessment (Clerk) 7.50pm
To review and revise risk assessment as required.
- Minutes (Chairman) 7.55pm
a. To consider adoption of the minutes of the Parish Council Meetings held on 30 September and 27 October 2021
b. Review of minute action summary.
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.10pm
- District Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- County Councillor Report (Cllr. Mrs Robinson)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 31 October 2021
- GDPR (Clerk)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Cllr Job)
Review of Guidance for Safety and Security for Local Councillors
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Methodist Church (Cllr Fincher)
- Apiary Project (Mr Perks) 8.35pm
To consider update and actions
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Cllr Arrow) 8.45pm
To consider update/actions including drainage/maintenance matters, lighting along Brockhill Lane and quotes for drainage work.
- Public Rights of Way (PRoW) (Cllr Fincher) 8.55pm
To consider update including Littleworth to Stonehall Common bridleway improvement proposals.
- Adoption of Public Open Spaces/Verges Crookbarrow Road (Cllr Fincher) 9.05pm
To consider adoption of specific areas public open spaces/verges/hedges along Crookbarrow Road and associated matters e.g. commuted sum payment.
- Sentry Statue Landscaping Proposals (Cllr Richmond, Cllr Fincher) 9.15pm
To consider update/quotes/actions.
- 2022/23 Budget and Precept (Responsible Finance Officer/Cllr Fincher) 9.20pm
- To consider the process, timescales and matters relating to production and agreement
- To consider quotes for 2022/23 Parish maintenance and public rights of way work
- To consider future churchyard mowing
- To consider projects/other additional items of expenditure for inclusion
- Planning (Cllr Richmond/Cllr Fincher/Cllr Waizeneker) 9.25pm
To consider report on current applications and other planning matters including SWDP/SWUE, SWDP Review/’Parkway’ Development and Joint PC SWDP Review Group.
- Worcester Norton Sports Club/Worcester Norton Community Interest Company 9.35pm
To consider update from Parish Council WNCIC representative (Cllr Fincher).
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee (Cllr Fincher) 9.40pm
To consider activities to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- Parish Hall (Cllr Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 9.45pm
To consider Parish Council representative report.
- Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Cllr Fincher) 9.50pm
To consider update/actions including consideration of baseball team proposals.
- Norton Parish Hall Community Legacy Grant Project (Working Group) 9.55pm
To consider update/recommendations from working group including allocation of funding and award of contracts.
- Norton Connector Community Legacy Grant Project (Cllr Waizeneker) 10.00pm
To consider update/actions including the nature of future service provision.
- Neighbourhood Plan (Cllr Lucas) 10.25pm
Review of the ‘Parish Aspirations’ document.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas) 10.30pm
To consider update.
- Allotments (Cllr Richmond/Assistant Clerk) 10.35pm
To consider update.
- Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.40pm
To consider any update/employment matters, including appraisal arrangements and payroll processing costs.
- Annual Parish Meeting 2022 (Clerk) 10.45pm
To consider date and venue for 2022 Annual Parish Meeting – suggested w/c 2 or 9 May
- Finance (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer) 10.50pm
a. To consider payments to be made/confirmed. b. To consider a donation to The Poppy Appeal regarding the Remembrance Service wreath. c. To consider a donation to Worcester Lions Club towards the cost of the Santa Sleigh visit.
- Correspondence for Information (Chairman) 10.55pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
- Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
- Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
- Date of next and 2022 Parish Council meetings
20th January, 17th February, 31st March, 28th April, 26th May (Annual Parish Council Meeting), 30th June, 21st July, 29th September, 20th October and 24th November.
Annual Parish Meeting: suggested w/c 2 or 9 MaySigned
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
18 November 2021
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – November 2021
|Description of Proposal|
|Approvals:||Eastnor Villa, 26 St James Close, Littleworth
|Proposed single storey side extension. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.|
|20 Peninsula Road, Norton
|Proposed single storey side and rear extension including demolition of existing conservatory. Variation of condition 2 of planning approval reference 20/02451/HP. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.|
|Refusals:||Grange Farm, Hatfield Lane, Norton
|Proposed new dwelling for agricultural worker. Objection response submitted.|
|Awaiting Decision:||Land to the south of the City of
Worcester, Bath Road.
|Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.|
|Ketch Field, Broomhall Way. Worcester City Council 20/00775/FUL||Development of 91 new dwellings and improvement of existing access, including green infrastructure and associated works. Parish Council supports subject to traffic concerns.|
|Keepers Gable, 22 Vimiera Close, Norton
W/21/00421/HP and W/21/00422/LB
|Demolish wall and rebuild replacement wall. Parish Council supports|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout, scale) pursuant to planning permission 13/01617/OUT for Phase H2a of the proposed development comprising 89 dwellings, parking, landscaping and associated infrastructure|
|Swallow Ridge, Hatfield Lane, Norton
|Erection of two storey rear extension. Parish Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being fully considered|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Amended layout, landscaping proposals, parking, boundary
|3 Coronation Road, Littleworth
|Construction of new single-storey domestic garage between
the existing house and the western boundary fence. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.
|37 Vimiera Close, Norton
|Proposed single storey infill extension to rear of property to
align with existing garden room extension together with
increased size and layout of existing dormer roof to rear
elevation to allow for better internal clearance to existing roof space. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.
|Closes Farm, Hatfield Bank, Norton
|Application for a Lawful Development Certificate for the
existing use of dwellinghouse without complying with and in
breach of agricultural occupancy condition(s) no.1 imposed upon planning permissions refs. r.357/71/o dated 23.08.1971 and pr.510/71(ri) dated 25.10.1972 continuously for a period in excess of ten years. Council objection response submitted.
|8 Toulouse Drive, Norton
|Ground floor rear conservatory. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.|