This is a return to face to face Parish Council meetings will be held subject to Covid-safe measures. If you wish to attend in person, please contact Jane Greenway, Parish Clerk, email: email@example.com, Tel: 01905 763515 / 07955 756528 for details of how to attend in line with Covid-safe measures.
As an alternative to attendance in person, please email any comments or questions for the Parish Council to the Parish Clerk in advance of the meeting.
To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the Annual Meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on 27th May 2021 at Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth.
Public Question Time:
From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
See note above.
- Election of Chairman and Signing of Undertaking and Declaration of Office 7.45pm
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence
- Election of Vice-Chairman and Signing of Undertaking and Declaration of Office
- Changes to membership
To consider changes to membership.
- Declarations of Interest
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
- To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
- Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items.
Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Risk Assessment of Face to Face Parish Council Meetings
To minute agreement of risk assessment circulated to Members in advance of the meeting.
- To consider and adopt/re-adopt Council Standing Orders, Scheme of Delegation, Complaints Procedures, Financial Regulations (including Appendix) and Online Banking Process (previously circulated)
- To note Code of Conduct (previously circulated)
- To consider areas of focus and agree allocation of areas of responsibility to Councillors
- To note the Council’s Annual Risk Assessment and Insurance Requirements
Previously circulated and agreed at the Council meetings 21 January and 25 March 2021.
- Minutes (Chairman) 8.15pm
a. To consider adoption of minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 29 April 2021
b. Review of minute action summary.
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.25pm
- District Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- County Councillor Report (Cllr. Mrs Robinson)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation – not available due to preparation of year end accounts
- 2020/21 financial year end
- GDPR (Clerk)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Clerk)
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Apiary Project (Mr Perks) 8.45pm
To consider update and actions including insurance requirements.
- Planning (Cllr. Richmond/Chairman) 8.55pm
a. To consider report on current applications and other planning matters
b. To consider response to SWDP Review draft Travellers and Travelling Showpeople Site Allocations Plan Preferred Options consultation (closing date 5 July)
- Worcester Norton Sports Club/Worcester Norton Community Interest Company 9.05pm
To consider update on development proposals from Parish Council WNCIC representative (Cllr Fincher) including outcome of Community Legacy Grant application and grant acceptance.
- Parish Hall (Cllr. Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 9.15pm
To consider Parish Council representative report and update regarding Parish Hall lease and trust deed.
- Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Clerk/Cllr Fincher) 9.25pm
To consider update including marquee storage container proposals and mobile takeaway.
- Norton Parish Hall Community Legacy Grant Project (Working Group) 9.35pm
To consider update/recommendations from working group including allocation of funding and award of Hall canopy contract.
- Norton Connector Community Legacy Grant Project (Cllr Waizeneker) 9.45pm
To consider update, use for the Parish Hall family picnic and revisions to service provision.
- Sentry Statue Landscaping Proposals Cllr Richmond) 9.55pm
To consider update.
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Clerk/Cllr Arrow) 10.00pm
To consider update/actions including maintenance of the large Crookbarrow Road roundabout.
- Public Rights of Way (PRoW) (Chairman) 10.10pm
To consider update and timing of P3 Scheme maintenance.
- Neighbourhood Plan (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group) 10.15pm
To consider update from working group.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas/Clerk) 10.20pm
To consider update.
- Allotments (Cllr Richmond/Assistant Clerk) 10.25pm
To consider update.
- Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.30pm
To consider any update/employment matters, including carry forward of banked hours/holiday.
- Annual Parish Meeting – 5 May 2021 10.35pm
To consider feedback received and actions.
- Changes to Membership – Applications for Co-option 10.40pm
To consider applications for co-option.
- Finance (Chairman) 10.45pm
- To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
- To consider renewal of NALC Local Council Review magazine annual subscription
- To consider renewal of CPRE annual subscription
- To consider quote for ongoing accountancy support
- Correspondence for Information (Chairman/Clerk) 10.55pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
- Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
- Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
- Date of next meeting
Parish Council Meeting – 24 June 2021
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
21st May 2021
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – May 2021
|Description of Proposal|
|Approvals:||Cranmere, 36 Wadborough Road, Littleworth
|Proposed two storey rear and side extensions with single
storey rear extension. Parish supports subject to neighbour’s views.
|Refusals:||Grange Farm, Hatfield Lane. W/21/00097/FUL||Proposed new dwelling. Parish objects|
|Awaiting Decision:||Land to the south of the City of
Worcester, Bath Road.
|Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.|
|Land at (OS 8615 5190), Taylors
|Reserved Matters application (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale) of Outline permission ref 13/01617/OUT for Phase E1 of the proposed employment development comprising two employment units (Use Class B1 (b and c), B2 and/or B8), parking and landscaping and associated infrastructure. Parish Council objection response submitted.|
|Ketch Field, Broomhall Way. Worcester City Council 20/007775/FUL||Development of 91 new dwellings and improvement of existing access, including green infrastructure and associated works. Parish Council supports subject to traffic concerns.|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Application for the Approval of Reserved matters (Appearance, Landscaping, Layout and Scale) of outline permission ref. 13/01617/OUT for Phase E2 of the proposed employment development comprising three employment units, parking, landscaping and associated infrastructure. Amended details: building designs and additional drainage and landscaping info|
|Keepers Gable, 22 Vimiera Close, Norton
W/21/00421/HP and W/21/00422/LB
|Demolish wall and rebuild replacement wall. Parish supports|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout, scale) pursuant to planning permission 13/01617/OUT for Phase H2a of the proposed development comprising 89 dwellings, parking, landscaping and associated infrastructure|
|Hatfield Court, Hatfield Bank, Norton
|Installation of three roof windows. Parish supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being fully considered|
|Other:||Broomhall Grange, Norton Road, Norton. Planning Inspectorate Ref:- APP/J1860/W/20/3255153||Proposed development of 27 dwellings. (Malvern Hills DC Planning Ref: 19/01336/FUL). Virtual hearing date: 12 May 2021|