To Members of the Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
You are duly summoned to attend the next meeting of Norton-juxta-Kempsey Parish Council to be held at 7.45pm on 30th September 2021 at Norton Parish Hall, Littleworth.
Public Question Time:
From 7.30pm residents are invited to give their views and question the Parish Council on issues on this agenda, or raise issues for future consideration at the discretion of the Chairman, before the start of the Parish Council meeting at 7.45pm. Members of the public may not take part in the Parish Council meeting itself. This period is not part of the formal meeting.
This face to face Parish Council meeting will be held subject to Covid-safe measures. If you wish to attend in person, please contact Jane Greenway, Parish Clerk, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01905 763515 / 07955 756528 for details of how to attend in line with Covid-safe measures.
As an alternative to attendance in person, please email any comments or questions for the Parish Council to the Parish Clerk in advance of the meeting.
- Apologies: To receive apologies and to approve the reason for absence 7.45pm
- Changes to membership
To consider any changes to membership.
- Declarations of Interest
- Register of Interests: Councillors are reminded of the need to update their register of interests and to return their Register of Interests Form to the Monitoring Officer within 28 days of taking office.
- To declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- To declare any Other Disclosable Interests in items on the agenda and their nature.
- Written requests for granting of a dispensation (S33 Localism Act 2011) are to be with the Clerk at least four clear days prior to a meeting.
Councillors who have declared a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest, or an Other Disclosable Interest which falls within the terms of paragraph 12(4) (b) of the code of conduct, must leave the room for the relevant items. Failure to register or declare a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest may result in the commission of a criminal offence.
- Minutes (Chairman) 7.50pm
a. To consider adoption of the minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 15 July 2021
b. Review of minute action summary.
- Progress reports (for information, reporting by exception) 8.05pm
- District Councillor Report (Cllr. Adams)
- County Councillor Report (Cllr. Mrs Robinson)
- Finance (Responsible Finance Officer)
- Monthly accounts/bank reconciliation to 31 August 2021
- 2020/21 financial year end and annual audit process – closure of audit
- GDPR (Clerk)
- Social Media/Website Communications (Cllr Pollard)
- West Mercia Police/PACT/Anti-social Behaviour (Police/Clerk) Also see 21 below
- St. James the Great Church, Norton (Rev. Badger)
- Methodist Church (Cllr Fincher)
- Apiary Project (Mr Perks/Cllr Fincher) 8.25pm
To consider update and actions
- Planning (Cllr Richmond/Cllr Fincher/Cllr Waizeneker) 8.35pm
a. To consider report on current applications and other planning matters including SWDP/SWUE, SWDP Review/’Parkway’ Development and Joint PC SWDP Review Committee
b. To consider WDC Draft Supplementary Planning Document for Local Listed Buildings consultation (response due by 19 October)
- Worcester Norton Sports Club/Worcester Norton Community Interest Company 8.55pm
To consider update from Parish Council WNCIC representative (Cllr Fincher).
- Parish Hall (Cllr Fincher – Parish Council Chairman & Chair of the Hall Trustees) 9.05pm
To consider Parish Council representative report.
- Parish Hall Recreation Facilities and Outside Space (Cllr Fincher) 9.10pm
To consider update/actions including deterrents to reduce the risk of unauthorised access and replacement of damaged signs.
- Norton Parish Hall Community Legacy Grant Project (Working Group) 9.20pm
To consider update/recommendations from working group including allocation of funding and award of contracts.
- Norton Connector Community Legacy Grant Project (Cllr Waizeneker) 9.30pm
To consider update/actions.
- Sentry Statue Landscaping Proposals (Cllr Richmond, Cllr Fincher) 9.35pm
To consider update/quotes/actions.
- Adoption of Public Open Spaces/Verges Crookbarrow Road (Cllr Fincher) 9.45pm
To consider adoption of specific public open spaces/verges along Crookbarrow Road (in connection with the Sentry statue) and associated matters e.g. commuted sum payment.
- Open Space/Verge, Highways and Drainage Matters (Cllr Arrow) 9.55pm
To consider update/actions including drainage/maintenance matters in the vicinity of the Radley bridleway (NJ552).
- Public Rights of Way (PRoW) (Cllr Fincher) 10.05pm
To consider update including Littleworth to Stonehall Common bridleway improvement proposals.
- Neighbourhood Plan (Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group) 10.15pm
To consider update and actions including ratification of amendments to the Plan following Independent Examination following approval by the Steering Group.
- Parish Council Owned Lands (Cllr Lucas) 10.25pm
To consider update.
- Allotments (Cllr Richmond/Assistant Clerk) 10.30pm
To consider update.
- Employment Matters (Chairman/Clerk) 10.35pm
To consider any update/employment matters.
- Draft Safer West Mercia Plan (Cllr Fincher/Cllr Job) 10.40pm
To consider consultation and response (consultation closes 1 November)
- Finance (Chairman/Responsible Finance Officer) 10.45pm
a. To consider payments to be made/confirmed.
b. To consider a donation to NJK CE Primary School to assist with swimming transport costs.
- Correspondence for Information (Chairman) 10.50pm
Items of correspondence will be available for inspection at the meeting.
- Clerk’s report – Urgent Decisions & Expenditure Delegation since last meeting (Clerk)
- Items for update to local M.P. (Chairman)
To consider any items for communication.
- Councillors’ reports and items for future agenda (Chairman)
Each Councillor is requested to use this opportunity to report minor matters of information not included elsewhere on the agenda and to raise items for future agendas. Councillors are respectfully reminded that this is not an opportunity for debate or decision making.
- Date of next meeting
Parish Council Meeting – 21 October 2021
Mrs Jane Greenway, Clerk to Norton-Juxta-Kempsey Parish Council
24 September 2021
PLANNING APPLICATIONS – September 2021
|Description of Proposal|
|Approvals:||Wits End Kennels, Broomhall, Norton
|Certificate of Lawfulness for the continued use of Wits End
dwellinghouse without compliance with Condition 7., an
occupancy condition imposed upon the Planning Permission
|Wits End Kennels, Broomhall, Norton
|Full approval for riding stables and livery yard, together with
the erection of a dwelling house to replace mobile home.
Removal of condition 7 of planning approval 97/00900/PP.
|Old School, Woodbury Lane, Norton W/21/00659/FUL||Change of use to the workshop to be incorporated into the
current dwelling and a first floor extension to dwelling and
alterations. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.
|Awaiting Decision:||Land to the south of the City of
Worcester, Bath Road.
|Outline planning application, including approval of access (appearance, landscape, layout and scale reserved) for a mixed- use development with local centre to the south of Worcester. Additional Information Jan 2018: ecology update. Approved with s106 agreement outstanding.|
|Ketch Field, Broomhall Way. Worcester City Council 20/00775/FUL||Development of 91 new dwellings and improvement of existing access, including green infrastructure and associated works. Parish Council supports subject to traffic concerns.|
|Keepers Gable, 22 Vimiera Close, Norton
W/21/00421/HP and W/21/00422/LB
|Demolish wall and rebuild replacement wall. Parish Council supports|
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Reserved Matters (appearance, landscaping, layout, scale) pursuant to planning permission 13/01617/OUT for Phase H2a of the proposed development comprising 89 dwellings, parking, landscaping and associated infrastructure|
|Swallow Ridge, Hatfield Lane, Norton
|Erection of two storey rear extension. Parish Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being fully considered|
|Land At, Woodbury Lane, Norton, Worcester
|Erection of building comprising 3,461m of Class B1 office
accommodation together with ancillary vehicle parking,
landscaping and drainage (resubmission of withdrawn
application 20/01138/FUL). Parish Council objects.
|Land At (Os 8598 5177), Norton Road, Broomhall
|Amended layout, landscaping proposals, parking, boundary
|3 Coronation Road, Littleworth
|Construction of new single-storey domestic garage between
the existing house and the western boundary fence. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.
|Land at (OS 8774 5055), Hatfield Lane, Norton
|Change of use of land for siting of office and associated
operational development. Objection response submitted.
|20 Peninsula Road, Norton
|Proposed single storey side and rear extension including demolition of existing conservatory. Variation of condition 2 of planning approval reference 20/02451/HP. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.|
|Grange Farm, Hatfield Lane, Norton
|Proposed new dwelling for agricultural worker. Objection response submitted.|
|Eastnor Villa, 26 St James Close Littleworth
|Proposed single storey side extension. Council supports subject to views of neighbouring residents being considered.|